Next Green Belt Certificate
Next Black Belt Certificate
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification program is approved for 4.0 CEUs (40 contact hours) through Outreach & Engagement at James Madison University.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification program is approved for 8.0 CEUs (80 contact hours) through Outreach & Engagement at James Madison University.
Six Sigma Certificate Program
at James Madison University
The Lean Six Sigma Certification online program at James Madison University honors a tradition of academic excellence. The well-trained professionals who complete our online Six Sigma certification program learn how to drive strategic process improvements that help organizations operate efficiently and realize tremendous cost savings.
What is Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma Certification is based on a methodology that combines process speed with quality. To become a truly more efficient and effective organization in terms of operations and business processes, you must have both Lean and Six Sigma methodologies; having one without the other ultimately results in process destruction.
Lean is an important approach with an emphasis on waste and streamlining operations for maximum throughput. Six Sigma is broader. It is a customer-focused (internal and external customers) problem solving methodology that strives for delivering high performance reliability and value by improving processes, reducing defects and variation. Some businesses may benefit from a combination, thereby reducing the waste and streamlining business processes before improving the processes.
Enhance your résumé and become a valuable asset to your organization with an online Six Sigma certification from JMU!
An Online Six Sigma Certification Program designed for you.
JMU’s online Six Sigma certification program is an in-depth, interactive learning experience, based on a case-study model. Our Six Sigma certification program supports your learning by helping you apply new skills to the real-world.
- Our program is designed on a unique online platform for working adults. Online Six Sigma certification includes training modules you complete at your own pace as well as scheduled live sessions.
- Live online Six Sigma Certification classes are taught by a Black Belt instructor.
- The Six Sigma online learning platform allows you to view lectures, simulations, and assessments that gauge your successful progress throughout the online Six Sigma certification program.
- Upon completion of the Six Sigma program (either green or black belt ), you’ll have access to the online supplemental materials for one calendar year from when you started the program.
- The online Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Program incorporates a personalized Six Sigma project of your choice, making classwork immediately applicable and valuable to you and your organization.
Highly Qualified and Experienced Six Sigma Instructors
Our instructors are Six Sigma Black Belts with over 20 years of experience and are highly qualified and experienced professionals chosen for their knowledge, experience and effectiveness in the learning environment. You'll also have an opportunity to explore your unique business challenges with guidance from an expert instructor.
Complete your Six Sigma Certification online in Green Belt in one month and your Black Belt in two months – allowing you to earn your complete Six Sigma Certification from JMU online in just three months!
To ensure graduates of the Six Sigma Certification program are qualified for employment after earning Six Sigma Certification and are prepared for the challenging education in this program, we require:
A 4-year undergraduate degree OR the equivalent of 4 years of professional work experience for entry into the JMU Six Sigma Certification program.
* James Madison University ranked as the top public, master's-level university in the South in the highly regarded annual poll on academic quality conducted by U.S. News & World Report for its guidebook, 2011 America's Best Colleges. JMU also had the highest graduation rate — 81 percent — among both public and privates colleges in the South.