Upcoming Green Belt Certificate
Join our JMU Six Sigma Certificate
program at a discounted rate!
Upcoming Black Belt Certificate
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification program is approved for 4.0 CEUs (40 contact hours) through Outreach & Engagement at James Madison University.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification program is approved for 8.0 CEUs (80 contact hours) through Outreach & Engagement at James Madison University.
Six Sigma Certificate Program
at James Madison University
JMU’s non-credit Six Sigma Green and Black Belt Certificate Programs honor this tradition of academic excellence. Our well-trained Six Sigma professionals can drive strategic process improvements that help organizations operate efficiently and realize tremendous cost savings.
Lean Six Sigma Certificate Program
Lean Six Sigma is a methodology that combines process speed with quality. To become a truly more efficient and effective organization in terms of operations and business processes, you must have both Lean and Six Sigma methodologies; having one without the other ultimately results in process destruction.
Lean is an important approach with an emphasis on waste and streamlining operations for maximum throughput. Six Sigma is broader. It is a customer-focused (internal and external customers) problem solving methodology that strives for delivering high performance reliability and value by improving processes, reducing defects and variation. Some businesses may benefit from a combination, thereby reducing the waste and streamlining business processes before improving the processes. Enhance your résumé and become a valuable asset to your organization with a JMU Six Sigma certification!
A Six Sigma Program designed for you!
JMU’s Six Sigma certificate program is an in-depth, interactive learning experience, based on a case-study model that supports your learning by helping you apply new skills to real-world case studies.
- Our certificate program is designed on a unique online platform for working adults. Our online training includes modules you complete at your own pace as well as scheduled live online sessions led by a Six Sigma Black Belt instructor.
- The online platform allows you to view lectures, simulations, and assessments that gauge your successful progress throughout the certificate program.
- Upon completion of the six sigma program (either green or black belt), you’ll have access to the online supplemental materials for one calendar year from when you started the program
- Learn from an experienced Six Sigma Black Belt with over 20 years of experience in the field.
- The Black Belt Certificate Program incorporates a personalized Six Sigma project of your choice, making classwork immediately applicable and valuable to you and your organization.
Complete your Green Belt training in one month and your Black Belt in two months – allowing you to earn your complete Six Sigma Certification from JMU online in just three months! Enroll Now or View the Information Video!
To ensure our graduates are qualified for employment after earning a six sigma certificate and are prepared for the challenging education in this program we require:
A 4-year undergraduate degree OR the equivalent of 4 years of professional work experience for entry into the JMU Six Sigma program.
Highly Qualified and Experienced Six Sigma Instructors
Our instructors are Six Sigma Black Belts with over 20 years of experience and are highly qualified and experienced professionals chosen for their knowledge, experience and effectiveness in the learning environment. You'll also have an opportunity to explore your unique business challenges with guidance from an expert instructor.
* James Madison University ranked as the top public, master's-level university in the South in the highly regarded annual poll on academic quality conducted by U.S. News & World Report for its guidebook, 2011 America's Best Colleges. JMU also had the highest graduation rate — 81 percent — among both public and privates colleges in the South.